How are you? Fine? Today we’ll talk a little bit more about smoke flares. Smoke flares are great because they are similar like smoke bombs. The most of them you could held in your hands. I’ll present you define flare and the most popular kinds of flares: football flares, emergency and marine flares.
What is it? Define flare
Define flare is easy – flare is pyrotechnic product, which produce brilliant light or smoke with intense heat without an explosion.
What are flares made of?
Flares produce their light through the combustion of a pyrotechnic composition. The ingredients are varied, but often based on nitrates or potassium perchlorate and mixed with a fuel. Flares may be colored by the inclusion of pyrotechnic colorants.
Types of flares
Ok, now you know define flare, so we could talk about the most popular kinds of flares.
1. Smoke flares – they emit smoke, just like smoke bombs. They are useful only in daylight because smoke doesn’t generate light.
2. Football flares – that’s all kind flares, that you could use during the match to show support.
3. Emergency and marine flares – you should use it only when you are in danger!
4. White flares – are designed to illuminate an area at night.They are used to warn other ships of your position to avoid collisions or to illuminate the water in night in man-overboard situation.
5. Red flares – red marine flares should be used only in case of emergency. They are usually used at night because they are more visible than the orange ones.
6. Orange flares – they have the same meaning like red flares, but orange emergency flares should be used in daylight. Orange smoke are more visible than red.
Which flare do you like the most? Which one is your favorite? Write in comment and see you in my next note, where I’ll explain how do flares work.